Hello ! 🌞 Welcome to my very first blog meme post ! This is so exciting !
Top Five Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm, check it out if you’re interested !
Today’s topic is « Top Five covers of 2019 » and it gave me the opportunity to admire beautiful covers, without further ado, let’s go !
- The Beautiful, by Renée Ahdieh. It is not released yet, but I CANNOT WAIT for this one ! I love the red rose petals which contrast with the plain black background and this book is about vampires in a 1870’s setting… Yes ! Vampires in the 1870’s !
- The Beholder by Anna Bright (released in June)… I fell for the cover before even knowing it was a mix of Cinderella and mythical figures… In other words : I desperately need to buy this book, ASAP…
- The Doll Factory, by Elizabeth Macneal (May 2019). Victorian London, Pre-Raphaelite artists and a romance. Need I say more ?
- The Downstairs Girl, Stacey Lee (August 2019). A historical fiction with a young maid who becomes a badass journalist… I need to buy it too, ASAP…
- Spin the Dawn, by Elizabeth Lim (July 2019). Described as « Project Runaway meets Mulan« … The cover, the title, the colors, the girl : everything makes me wanna read it !!
And that’s it ! It was pretty hard to stop at five but it is better this way, because otherwise this post would have been WAY TOO LONG !! Sadly, these are five books I haven’t read yet but hopefully I will soon !
What about your covers ? Have you read any of these ?
Until next time, take care xx